Self reliance is a fundamental principle of mountaineering. By participating we accept this and take responsibility for the decisions we make. These Conditions Reports are intended to help you make good decisions. They do not remove the need for you to make your own judgements when out in the hills.

Tuesday 24 June 2014


I went for a bike ride today. I say a ride - to be honest I carried my bike up the first Munro, most of the way between this and the second Munro, and short way down this one before finding some good riding. Thankfully the descent (650m of it) was fantastic and more than made up for all the carrying. The way I see it, I get all the enjoyment of hill walking with none of the sore knees and leg muscles on the descent. In fact I have a lot of fun on the way down and get down quite quickly too.

The hills were Spidean Mialach and Gleouraich and the descent down the SW ridge of Gleouraich on the stalkers path was a delight of switch backs and flowyness with a drop of 600m down to the side to focus the mind! Was it worth the hike up? Oh yes!



No comments:

Post a Comment